Pages

Thursday 25 May 2017

MATHS EQUATIONS - T2W4 2017

WALT: find fractions of lengths, including seeing when a fraction greater than one.

Today I will be blogging about my math work from this week. Math this week was about fractions, my group "Math Survivors" had a task that was called Fraction Equations. What I learnt from this task was how to equally half and solve the answer, so 1 of the questions the sheet asked was "Share 5 chocolate bars amongst 2 people." So what I did was grab a blank paper and what I did with it was fold it in half and cut off one side of it and I took one half and and folded it into 5 blocks that where equal. So then I drew a line across the 5 blocks of chocolate on the paper and I also cut out the pieces as well. WHat I did was give out each piece of paper that was cut to Faith, Rosemary and myself and all of us got 2 each. I enjoyed learning how to share different amounts of objects and how to share it equally with others. What I found challenging was when I had to try find or make a way to share the 5 chocolate bars equally to 2 people.
I REALLY HOPE YOU ENJOYED MY REFLECTION FOR MY MATHS TODAY.
PLEASE COMMENT.
MANY THANKS.

No comments:

Post a Comment