Pages

Monday 15 May 2017

Kiwisport Reflection - T2W3 2017

Kiwisport Reflection:
Image result for basketball
WALT: practice on our dribbling and passing.

Hi, today I am going to blog about my Basketball Kiwisport reflection. What I did at Kiwi Sport today was that we (Room 9) had to practice on our chest passing and dribbling as well as bounce pass. Also our coaches (Hyrum & Peter) helped us be better at playing basketball and focus on what is happening around us as well. 
The different movements of basketball I learnt was Overhead pass and Lay ups, these are the two things I think I actually participated in and didn't give up.

Game 1: Miami Drills: what we had to do was that there were 5 or 6 people lined up in a ziczac and the other 5 or 6 students were lined up on the yellow line. When it was my turn to pass the to the students in the ziczac line I was getting nervous and when I got to the hoop I felt shy and scared because I thought that others would of laughed at me.

Game 2: Ball tag: What we done for ball tag was that the girls and the boys got splitted up into boys and girls teams and we were in a small amount of space inside the white lines of the basketball court. And what we had to do was grab 1 ball and one of the coaches would give it to the girls team and the girls will have to pass the ball around and try to tag the boys with the ball and try get them out. But you can not run with the ball.

What I found challenging was when I had to do the lay up for the game "Miami Drills" I found this challenging because I was confused with how to do it and what hand I have to use to try shoot it in.
Also I felt happy that I participated and contributed in the activities that we were given.

What my favorite game was, was Ball Tag because I threw
the ball across others heads and also tagged other out as well.

I really hope you enjoyed my reflection and learnt something new like the 2 games, Miami Drills and Ball Tag.

No comments:

Post a Comment